Finding a great children's boutique abroad is a big win for everyone in the family: Mom and Dad get to indulge their desire to shop, while the kids will have fun exploring a place designed just for their enjoyment. Here are five of our favorite children's boutiques in Europe.
1. Bonton, Paris. This colorful concept store now has two locations in Paris — on the right and left banks. Our favorite is the original location in Le Marais, a three-story wonderland of clever toys and fashionable clothes with that unmistakable French flair. You can even get a Frenchie haircut for your little one after browsing the dolls, art supplies, shoes, games, party goods, and everything else that'll make you feel like an enfant again. bonton.fr
2. Molly Meg, London. Located in Islington, this design-forward shop is a bit of a wonderland for kids and their parents, with clothing, toys, home products, and even regular workshops and events for all ages. The selection is fresh, modern, and carefully curated, and you'll want to buy everything in sight. mollymeg.com
3. Tiny Cottons, Barcelona. With a handful of stores throughout Spain, this Barcelona-based boutique specializes in high-quality, eco-friendly clothing, accessories, and toys. Their bright and airy El Born shop, located just outside of Basilica Santa Maria del Mar, stocks their signature playful designs for babies and kids (think: baguette-printed cardigans), plus bags, hats, and home goods that you may just want to snag for yourself. We love the coloring table in the corner for keeping kids busy. tinycottons.com
4. Zuckerfrei, Berlin. Chock full of cleverly designed toys, books, and clothes, plus plenty of practical items like water bottles and backpacks, this shop has a very Berlin brand of style for little ones. Grab a little wooden puzzle to keep them occupied, or some locally made clothes to help them fit in with the locals. zuckerfrie.berlin
5. MiniMarkt, Amsterdam. This concept store invites kids to roam while parents browse everything from toiletries and jewelry to shoes and cuddly stuffed animals. There's an on-site cafe perfect for fueling up before or after your shopping spree, and there's even a children's hairdresser so you can capture that Dutch cool for your mini-me. minimarkt-store.com