If you’re visiting Paris with kids for more than a day or two, renting an apartment instead of a hotel will ensure a more comfortable, enjoyable experience for everyone in the family. But not just any apartment. Families with young kids have special needs, and it’s important that you choose a Paris apartment with the right setup, location, and price. To make your trip-planning easier, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite family-friendly Airbnbs in Paris.
But before we get into our list, let’s talk criteria. What makes a Paris apartment rental ideal for families? Here’s what we search for:
- At least one bedroom and two beds. No studios. Kids should be able to be put to bed in a separate room so the parents can enjoy their evening at home.
- Amenities including a decent kitchen where you can prepare meals, Wi-Fi, a TV, and laundry facilities — because who wants to go to the laundromat on vacation?
- A great, walkable location near attractions, parks, and shops. We tend to favor Le Marais and the 7th arrondissement around Rue Cler — both of these areas have tons of charm and are ideal for families.
- Good reviews. We’ll rarely rent an Airbnb that doesn’t have reviews or that has more than a few negative reviews.
- Good value. Many Paris apartment rental companies that cater to families charge a ridiculous amount, but you don’t have to pay a lot for a great apartment in Paris! We usually shoot for around $150-$200/night.
- A view — even if it’s just a view of the street! And a balcony is a big plus. It allows parents to feel that they’re enjoying the city even after the kids have gone to bed.
Now that we’ve covered our list of must-haves, here are some of our favorite Airbnbs for families in Paris.
This bright and sunny Paris apartment can accommodate up to six guests with two bedrooms. It’s near the Marche des Enfants Rouge, an ancient market in Le Marais. The kitchen has a dishwasher and a mini fridge, and there’s a washer-dryer in the bathroom. The apartment is on the third floor with no elevator, which may be a challenge if you’re toting multiple kids and strollers.
This budget-friendly Paris Airbnb is situated just across from the main entrance to the Jardin du Luxembourg. It's on the first floor and overlooks a quiet courtyard, with a separate bedroom and a fold-out couch. Though it's small in size, it has tons of French charm with parquet floors, a fireplace, and beautiful moulding. It has air conditioning and a washer-dryer.
Steps away from the Eiffel Tower and Rue Cler, one of the most famous market streets in Paris, this one-bedroom apartment has something very unusual: a terrace! The bedroom has a queen and a twin bed, and there's a convertible bed in the main living area. Past guests praise the hospitality of the host, who lives in the building.
Looking for a Paris apartment with a view of the Eiffel Tower? Adrien's two-bedroom Airbnb in Saint Germain not only has a coveted view with two balconies, it's also shockingly affordable. The beautifully decorated, roomy space is in the 6th arrondissement near the Jardin du Luxembourg and Le Bon Marche. It's on the seventh floor with elevator access.
This lovely family-friendly Paris apartment is located in an 18th century building on the edge of Le Marais across from a park with a playground. The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub, a rare find in Paris. The main living space is open, with tall windows overlooking the street below. There's a separate bedroom with a double bed along with a sofa bed. It's on the fourth floor with no elevator and there is no air conditioning. The apartment's location more than makes up for it.
Stay right on the famous Rue des Martyrs, a historic shopping street that leads to the village of Montmartre. Sally's family-friendly Paris Airbnb has two bedrooms, each with ensuite showers and sinks. The kitchen is quite large by Parisian standards and includes a washer-dryer.