Miami Beach has more than its share of high-end hotels that would make most parents consider putting their kids on a leash. With delicate décor and a luxurious vibe, these properties are perfect for romantic trips or girls’ getaways, but not so much a family destination. However, family-friendly hotels do exist in Miami Beach, and Loews Miami Beach is widely known as one of best.
Situated in the heart of South Beach on Collins Avenue, Loews Miami Beach is a sprawling hotel that’s ideal for families thanks to its central location, spacious rooms, and kid-friendly amenities. Here are a few of our favorite family-focused features at Loews Miami Beach:
1. It’s where you want to be in Miami Beach. Loews is easily walkable to South Beach’s most popular attractions, including Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, Espanola Way, Lummus Park, South Pointe Park, and more. And then of course there’s that shimmering white-sand beach, which is just across the boardwalk from the hotel. If you feel like biking, there’s a bike rental station just outside of the hotel’s doors, and there were even a few bikes with child seats attached when we visited.
2. It’s easy on the eyes. Just because you have kids doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate good design. Loews recently underwent a massive renovation, giving the entire property a fresh, sleek look. The rooms are clean and serene, the public spaces are decorated with striking artwork, and the on-site restaurants are packed with stylish, thoughtful details.
3. The grounds are gorgeous. The revamped pool is a highlight, and a huge hit with kiddos thanks to a zero-entry section and fun fountains. There are plentiful chairs surrounding the pool, friendly attendants to help you get set up, and attentive servers to keep the tropical cocktails and snacks at your fingertips. When you’re done with the beach and pool, there’s an open lawn area with games like ping-pong and supersized Connect 4, and a family happy hour that invites you to sip an adult beverage while the kids play.
4. The cabanas are ideal for families. If you plan to spend all day at the pool, Loews’ cabanas are worth considering. You’ll get access to an air-conditioned space just off of the pool that’s equipped with a private bathroom, indoor and outdoor seating, a TV, and a fridge. For families with kids, it’s a great way to avoid the constant trips back and forth to the room, while offering a place to chill out when the Miami heat gets to be too much.
5. The food is a highlight. You won’t find bland hotel food here. We love how Loews highlights local purveyors, from Azucar ice cream to Panther Coffee and bread from Zac the Baker. This allows you to sample some of the best of Miami’s culinary scene without leaving the hotel. The huge breakfast buffet at Preston’s Market is a must at least one morning, with a special kids’ buffet just for mini guests. They’ll even be given a pair of sunglasses alongside their crayons and coloring sheet. For a taste of local seafood, head to Lure Fishbar, which has kid-friendly booths and a laid-back vibe.
6. The suites are spacious. With separate living and sleeping areas, the suites are ideal for family travelers, with the oceanfront options being the most sought-after picks. There’s plenty of room for everyone to spread out in this setup, with a balcony where you can watch the pool scene below and the ships sailing in and out of the port. The showers are luxurious, the beds are comfy, and the Wi-Fi is as fast as you need it to be.
7. It’s kid-friendly, not kid-focused. In other words, it’s the kind of hotel we would have chosen before having kids. If you don’t have kids, you won’t feel out of place here, but if you do have ‘em, you’ll feel perfectly welcomed.
8. There’s a kid’s club we can’t wait to use next time. Our kiddo was a bit too young to hang out in the kids’ club on our recent visit, but we peeked in and it looked amazing, with a supersized lifeguard stand front and center. It’s the perfect opportunity for kids to get some serious play time while parents take a little break.