We're always on the look-out for useful articles on family travel. Here are a few of our favorites from September.
- Nerdwallet has eight tips for saving money while traveling with family. Among them: Open frequent flyer accounts for your kids, and always spend in local currency. Smart!
- USA Today suggests the idea of "spiritual tourism" as a more meaningful way to travel with family.
- Parennial Travel's editor Erica Curran wrote about five family fall day trips from D.C. for Mommy Nearest. Apple-picking, anyone?
- Reader's Digest has a guide to the best staycations in every state. Because sometimes the best getaways with kids are just around the corner.
- Insider has some tips for traveling with a baby, including what to pack and where to sit on the plane.
- Fatherly has some advice for saving on flights when you're traveling with kids. For instance, did you know you could ask for a kid discount when flying internationally?
- This Curbed writer says that traveling abroad with her kids showed her how we can fix U.S. transit.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that it's getting tougher than ever to get seated with your kids on flights.